What is your recommended diameter of the boss?
Clinserts® are often installed at the side of a plate or close to the edge of a surface.
The danger exists, when installed to close that performance is influenced, and you do not obtain enough pull out strengths.
Clinserts® at the side of an edge:
- General rule is to install with a drill distance of (0,8mm minimum + 1/2 diameter of the drilled hole) recommendation to put all Clins as far as possible from the edge
- Example 1:with CLM8, outside diameter = M12, drill distance can be 6,8mm.
- Example 2 with CLM5, outside diameter = M8, drill distance can be 4,8mm.
- Example 3 with CLHM20, outside diameter = M30, drill distance can be 15.8mm.
- Tap marks may show on the flat side and the insert should be positioned with keys 45°to 90° (2 Clins) offset from the flat side.